Refereed Journal Articles
- “A Public Banking Option as a Mode of Regulation for Household Financial Services in the United States” with Thomas Herndon. Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, 2020.
- “Opening the Farm Gate to Women? Sustainable Agriculture in the United States” with Anders Fremstad. Journal of Economic Issues, 2020 (Vol. 54 Issue 1).
- “Work Hours and CO2 Emissions: Evidence from U.S. Households” with Anders Fremstad and Anthony Underwood. Review of Political Economy, 2019 (Vol. 31, Issue 1). (Data & Programs)
- “The Impact of a Carbon Tax on Inequality” with Anders Fremstad. Ecological Economics, 2019 (Vol. 163). (Data & Programs)
- “Community Supported Agriculture in the United States: Social, Ecological, and Economic Benefits to Farming.” Journal of Agrarian Change, 2019 (Vol. 19, Issue 1).
- “A Path to Ending Poverty by Way of Ending Unemployment: A Federal Job Guarantee” with William Darity Jr., Darrick Hamilton, and Khaing Zaw. The Russel Sage Foundation Journal of the Social Sciences, 2018 (Vol. 4, Issue 3).
- “Small Farms Smaller Plots: Land Size, Fragmentation, and Productivity in Ethiopia” with Mwangi wa Githinji. The Journal of Peasant Studies, 2018 (Vol. 45, Issue 4).
- “A Question of ‘Fit’: local perspectives on top- down flood mitigation policies in Vermont” with Anita Milman. The Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, 2017 (Vol. 60, Issue 12).
- “A Brief History of Displacement: How Workers are Fighting Back Amid the Looming Climate Crisis” with Brian Callaci Data for Progress, 2019.
- “A Green New Deal for American Public Housing Communities” with Daniel Aldana Cohen, Billy Fleming, Kira McDonald, Julian Brave NoiseCat, Nick Graetz, Katie Lample, Xan Lillehei, and Anunya Bahanda. Data for Progress, 2019.
- “A Green New Deal for New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Communities” with Daniel Aldana Cohen, Billy Fleming, Kira McDonald, Nick Graetz, Alexandra Lillehei, Katie Lample, and Julian Brave NoiseCat. Data for Progress, 2019.
- “Homes Guarantee – Briefing Book.” Briefing booked compiled by People’s Action.
- “Decarbonizing the US Economy: Pathways Towards a Green New Deal” with Anders Fremstad and J.W. Mason. The Roosevelt Institute, 2019.
- “The Realities of Climate Change” with Anders Fremstad and J.W. Mason. The Roosevelt Institute Issue Brief, 2019.
- “The Color of Wealth in Miami” with Alan A. Aja, Gretchen Beesing, Daniel Bustillo, Danielle Clealand, Khaing Zaw, Anne E. Price, William Darity, Jr., and Darrick Hamilton. The Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity at The Ohio State University, the Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity at Duke University, and the Insight Center for Community Economic Development, 2019.
- “Disrupting the Dirty Economy: A Progressive Case for a Carbon Dividend” with Anders Fremstad. People’s Policy Project, 2018.
- “Don’t Fear The Robots: Why Automation Doesn’t Mean the End of Work.” Roosevelt Institute, 2018.
- “What We Get Wrong About Closing the Racial Wealth Gap” with William Darity, Jr., Darrick Hamilton, Alan Aja, Anne Price, Antonio Moore, and Caterina Chipris. Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity and Insight Center for Community Development, 2018.
- “The Federal Job Guarantee — A Policy to Achieve Permanent Full Employment” with William Darity Jr., and Darrick Hamilton. Center for Budget and Policy Priorities, 2018.
- “The Color of Wealth in the Nation’s Capital” with Kilolo Kijakazi, Rachel Marie Brooks Atkins, Anne E. Price, Darrick Hamilton, and William A. Darity, Jr. Urban Institute, 2016.
- “Economic Impact of the California Global Warming Solutions Act (SB-775) on CA Households” with Anders Fremstad. July 2017.
- “Returning to the Promise of Full Employment: A Federal Job Guarantee in the United States” with William Darity, Jr., Darrick Hamilton, and Anne E. Price. Research Brief, June 2017.
- “Community Supported Agriculture: A Model for the Farmer and the Community?” The Future Economy Project. February 2015.
- Review of Baradaran, The Color of Money: Black Banks and the Racial Wealth Gap, Review of Radical Political Economy, 2018.
- Review of Ackerman-Leist, Rebuilding the Foodshed: How to Create Local, Sustainable, and Secure Food Systems, Agriculture and Human Values, 2016.
- Review of Guha-Sapir et al., The Economic Impacts of Natural Disasters, Journal of Economic Issues, 2016.
*Forthcoming papers are available upon request.